About Attorney Kevin Kensik Torrance Divorce Lawyer. Mr. Kensik was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and received his undergraduate degree at Bradley University in Illinois and moved to California in 1986. In addition to the practice of law, Mr. Kensik has held various positions with several Fortune 500 companies, including General Motors, Allied-Signal, Federal-Mogul Corporation, and 3M Corporation.
Because Mr. Kensik has experience in both Engineering and Business, he understands the importance of cost-effective representation and litigation, if necessary. In an initial consultation, Mr. Kensik outlines the most effective paths for the client to resolve the matter and uses client input to recommend a solution.
If your case is a Family Law case, Mr. Kensik will recommend both the most cost-effective and compassionate solutions for a successful resolution.
Attorney Kevin Kensik Torrance Divorce Lawyer
- Illinois, 1995
- California, 2000
- U.S. Tax Court, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2007
- U.S. Federal Courts, 2007
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 1994
- Honors: Trial Team
- Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
- B.S. – 1985
- Major: Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Member, 2000 – Present
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member, 2002 – Present
- South Bay Bar Association Member, 2002 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- 3M Corporation, Senior Engineer, 1988 – 1992
- General Motors, Engineer, 1983 – 1988
Pro Bono Activities
- Court Mediator, 2004 – Present
Some people will tell you divorce is a simple process, but it is actually one of the most complicated areas of law. Also, because divorce is one of the most, if not the most emotionally difficult experiences in your life, the advice of an experienced divorce lawyer is essential.
I am compassionate and offer objective, candid advice to clients to help them through this difficult time. Most people have a number of questions, including:
- What will happen to my home and where will I live?
- How will this affect my children and extended family?
- Will this affect my retirement and financial future?
- How will this affect employment and my family business?
- How will this affect my assets and debts?
- How will I be able to pay support, or how much support will I receive?
At my firm, the Law Offices of Kevin J. Kensik, my clients can expect to talk to an attorney who is regularly available to talk and help them through this difficult time with their case. I also have experience in law and business, so I understand the need for cost-effective solutions, and if necessary, litigation. I have worked for several Fortune 500 companies, so I understand clients’ demands and expectations. I will work hard to find the most compassionate, cost-effective and successful solution for your case.
I represent clients throughout the Los Angeles and South Bay area, including Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, and Rolling Hills Estates, San Pedro and El Segundo. My clients look to me for answers in family law matters, including divorce, support, custody, prenuptial agreements, paternity, restraining orders and mediation.